Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mother's going GREEN Day 10 - Spreading the "Eco" Word

Today in South West British Columbia it is a cold and miserable "winter" day. 12 degrees Celsius (53.6 degrees Fahrenheit). I thought it was supposed to be summer. I almost wanted to turn on the heat - but grabbed some extra sweaters instead. This is what climate change is all about!!

Gandhi once said: "Be the change you want to see in the world." hence my decision for my family to start living a greener life. I urge you to spread the green word, if my blog does not appeal to you there are others that also offer great green tips in a different format - one of my favourites is http://www.ourgreenyear.blogspot.com or visit http://www.bestgreenblogs.com to view a green blogs worldwide.

The point is: Share this blog with your family, friends, neighbours, strangers or just about anybody perhaps it will inspire them, if not you to be more environmentally proactive.

When I first announced to my family that we were "going green", my husband was a little reluctant - but he recently suggested that to his work place that they should encourage a group order on an organic food delivery thus cutting back on the amount of delivery stops the organic company would need to make, reducing carbon emissions and promoting organic eating among the staff members. My 5 year old son also today made an announcement to his preschool class that his family was going green and trying not to make so much garbage and save the earth. Baby steps, but steps in the right direction.

Please feel free at anytime to post your comments and your green ideas.

Thank you.

No comments: