- Empty Milk Jug (saved from the recycling bin)
- Sharp instrument to make holes (I used one of the handy dandy tools on my Swiss Army Knife)
- Paint Brushes
- Sheet of paper or Newspaper
Instructions (with adult help if required – you probably will need it for using the sharp instrument):
- Lay down the newspaper or craft paper on your work area.
- Set the empty clean milk jug down and make some holes on the top side of the milk jug opposite the handle (see picture).
- Make anther hole on top of the handle which will allow for air to go into the bottle as water comes out.
- Paint the jug (be as creative as you can be – anything goes) – allow the jug to dry.
Once dried fill with water screw the lid back on and you have a one of a kind watering can. (I found having the lid on was great for my younger kids as with a normal watering can they tend to pour all the water out from the top – with the lid this stops all of that and the water comes out in a nice ‘sprinkle’
Enjoy watering your flowers and plants.
One-of-a-Kind Gift Wrap
In fact you can use this idea with any painting craft you do. Instead of throwing away or recycling your “drop” paper just turn it into gift wrap. The excess paint will add some colour to newspaper and a truly unique piece of gift wrap.
A little 'reusing' history on our "drop paper":
We received it in a package, the items were protectively wrapped in it. Then it became our 'drop paper' for our craft project, acted as our 'paint brush cleaner' and finally our gift wrap. Talk about reusing!!!